Follow Our Tips for Bumper Sticker Removal
As the new year fast approaches some of us are looking for a clean slate. Either in life, or on the bumpers of our car. Those old stickers we have on the back might have worn out, or are no longer relevant. Whatever the reason might be, the removal process is sticky. But, not so much if you follow our tips here at Gene Messer Kia.
- With a sticker on a bumper, wash the surface where the sticker is located
- Use a hair dryer on the hot setting to soften the adhesive, working from the center outward toward the edges
- Take a clastic card, and at an angle on the edge, gently scrape the sticker loose using a sawing motion if necessary
- If the sticker is not coming off right away, go back to using the hair dryer to further soften it up
- Once you’ve removed the sticker, wash the surface again, and use the heat from the hair dryer to get off any residue
- You can also use some bug and tar remover to help get off the rest
- With some detailing spray, cover the area where the sticker was, and use a cotton or microfiber cloth to wipe it off and finish it
- When trying to take a sticker off the window, you can also use the hair dryer method, but even using a razor blade scraper will work as the glass will be able to withstand it
- Once you have the sticker off the glass, use some glass cleaner to get the rest of the residue off
If you’d like to learn more or take a close look at the Kia vehicles we have in our Lubbock showroom, feel free to contact us today, and we’d be happy to help you.